This pizza will make you forget all about cheese. Promise!
1 Hours     25 Minutes
3 1/2 cups bread flour (can be substituted for all-purpose, though crust will be chewier)
1 envelope dry active yeast
1 teaspoon white sugar
2 teaspoons kosher salt
3 cloves of minced garlic
1 1/2 cups hot water (110 degrees)
2 tablespoons + 2 teaspoons olive oil
2 tablespoons Earth Balance Butter
1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
Pizza sauce of choice (or make mine!)
1 slice of Chao Original cheese, sliced into “shreds”
1/2 small onion, halved and sliced
1/2 cup chopped cauliflower
5 oz sliced baby bella mushrooms
1 large house tomato, sliced
Fresh baby spinach
Salt, black pepper and nutritional yeast
Mix flour, yeast, sugar and salt in a large mixing bowl. Add garlic, water and 2 tablespoons olive oil. Beat until he dough forms into a ball. If dough is sticky, add 1 tablespoon of extra flour at a time. If dough is too dry, add more water 1 tablespoon at a time.
- Place dough on a lightly floured surface and knead to perfection â€“ a smooth, firm ball.
- Grease a large bowl with the 2 teaspoons of olive oil. Place dough inside and cover with plastic wrap. Set in a warm area and allow the dough to double in size, about an hour.
- While the dough rises, sautÃ© onion, cauliflower and mushrooms in a lightly greased pan until just tender, about five minutes (donâ€™t forget to lightly season with salt, pepper and nutritional yeast). Set aside.
- Once dough has risen, place on a floured surface and divide in two. Place clean dish towel or plastic wrap over each and let sit for 10 minutes.
- Roll dough thin on a lightly floured pizza stone (or roll and transfer to a floured pizza stone).
- Melt butter in a small dish. Mix garlic salt.
- Lightly brush the top of the dough with butter mixture.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 5 minutes, until dough starts to bubble in the middle. Remove from oven, spread on pizza sauce and top with Chao shreds, sauted mushroom, onion and cauliflower, spinach and tomato slices.
- Repeat: melt butter in a small dish. Mix garlic salt.
- Brush crust with butter mixture again before baking. Bake at 400 degrees for 12-15 minutes.