This flavor combination does not disappoint. This dish is both sweet and savory! A very pleasant surprise and I can take no credit. But give it a try if you have not already come across it online! Thanks, Real Simple!!!
1 box of couscous (10-14 oz)
4 bunches Swiss or Rainbow Chard
1 cup pine nuts
1/4 cup olive oil (more if it needed)
5 cloves of garlic, minced
2 15.5 oz cans of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1 cup raisins
approximately 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
Cook couscous per the directions.
- While the couscous cooks, in a large skillet, over low heat, toast the pine nuts. This will take about 3 minutes. Be sure to shake the pan frequently so not to burn. You want the pine nuts a nice golden color. Transfer to a plate and set aside.
- Heat oil over medium for 1 minute in the same skillet. Add the garlic and cook for another minute, enjoying that beautiful, aromatic smell!
- Add the chickpeas, raisins, chard, salt, and pepper. Cook, stirring and flipping the chard occasionally, until tender. This should take about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Fluff the couscous with a fork.
- Top couscous with the chard mixture and sprinkle with the pine nuts.
- Nom, nom, nom.