Need a quick taco fix but feeling lazy? (who doesn’t, is the real question). Meatless Monday? No chicken thawed? Plant based diet? If you answer yes to any of the above then try these tacos. Super simple and nothing special, but tasty and filling!
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Sliced portobello mushrooms (1 slice per taco)
- Sliced bell pepper (use your judgement â€“ I used 1/8 of a pepper for 3 tacos)
- Sliced onion (again, eyeball itâ€¦ I used 2 slices cut in half for sautÃ©ing)
- Garlic powder
- Chili powder
- Garnish: chopped, raw jalapeÃ±oÂ and sliced radish. Hot sauce or salsa of choice (I prefer SimpleÂ Truth JalapeÃ±oÂ or Chipotle Pepper Sauce).
I realize there are literally zero measurements. . . I said it was simple!
Heat oil (or bacon grease!) in a pan.
- Place desired slices of mushroom in pan and flip to oil. Lightly season with salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook for approximately 2 minutes. Flip. Lightly season and cook for another 2 or 3 minutes. Set aside.
- Season (very light salt, pepper, garlic, chili powder) and sautÃ©Â sliced bell pepper and onion in same oil (or new oil) for approximately 3 minutes.
- Place veggies inside warm tortilla. Top with sliced jalapeÃ±oÂ and radish. Enjoy with hot sauce or salsa! Want beans? Add beans! Iâ€™m sure that would be even more amazing. Not vegan? Add some cheese! Mmmm tacos.