These are THE BEST and easiest bean cookies I’ve made. Thank you, Further Food! I cannot take any credit for this one, only my good praise and recommendation. Don’t hesitate to check out their other recipes. They are delicious!
1 (15 oz) can of chickpeas
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Â½ cup + 2 tablespoons all natural peanut butter
- Â¼ cup maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup vegan chocolate chips or carob chips
Preheat your oven to 350Â°F
- Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine all the ingredients in a food processor except for the chocolate chips, blend until smooth.
- Add chocolate chips.
- WITH WET HANDS (this is a very important step that I ignored the first time and it proved to be a sticky, messy and frustrating experience), form chunks of dough into 1Â½â€ balls.
- Take a WET FORK and gentle press down to make a hatch design. (Be sure to wet the fork each time or you will have the same experience as noted above).
- Bake for about 15 minutes.
- Store in the fridge for firmness (and because they taste even better cold)!
- These things are a revelation. Revel!
Additional Cooking Instructions