This was one of my all time favorite recipes when I was still eating beef. However, this is my cow-free year, as many of you know… so, no photo until one of you lovelies out there tries this recipe and sends me a snapshot! Confused as to what I am talking about? Check out my blog!
Brown Sugar Acorn Squash
Caramelized Green Beans
1 1/2 lbs ground beef (80-20)
- 1/3 cup fine bread crumb
- 1/3 cup minced yellow onion
- 1 cup non-sweet evaporated milk
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground/dry mustard
Mix ground beef, bread crump, minced onion, carrot, evaporated milk, 3 tablespoons of ketchup, salt and pepper together. Mold into a loaf and place in a very lightly greased glass baking dish.
- In a small bowl, mix 1/4 cup ketchup, brown sugar, nutmeg and ground mustard and spread on top of the uncooked meatloaf.
- Place in oven and bake at 375 degrees F for about 1 hour.