Oh, Kielbasaâ€¦ you glorious little sausage, you.
This is my lazy day go-to recipe for my familyâ€¦ and they love it. Very simple recipe with very simple ingredients. Let me know what you think!
1 package kielbasa, sliced in rounds
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 russet potatoes, peeled and chopped in 1/2 inch cubes
- 1/4 tablespoon salt
- 1/4 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/4 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper (or any bell pepper), sliced length-wise
- 1 small jalapeÃ±o, cut anyway that is convenient
- 1/2 yellow onion, cored and sliced
- 4-5 garlic cloves, minced (less if you are sensitive to garlic)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons soy sauce
Peel and cut potatoes into 1/2 inch cubes. Add salt, pepper and garlic powder. Cook in olive oil on medium heat, stirring or shaking occasionally for approximately 15 minutes.
- De-core and slice onion. Slice kielbasa to desired thickness. Slice bell pepper and jalapeÃ±oÂ and add all ingredients to the pot. Add minced garlic and soy sauce. SautÃ©Â for another 15 minutes, or until potatoes are cooked through.
- Serve with jasmine rice or quinoa and enjoy! True comfort food on any day!
Additional Cooking Instructions
Want this vegetarian? Remove the sausage and replace with half a sweet potato (optional). See the recipe, here!